Saturday 12 May 2012

The next adventure.

So after seeing a cute looking donkey on a "please rescue me" site despite not actually planning to own an equine in the near future I bundled the family into the car and headed off two and a half hours down the road, on a bank hoilday, ignoring that fact that there were several donkeys for sale in our area. I was promptly smitten.  Obviously.  Now, I have two children and a large field, donkeys like friends, the only option was buying a second hoofed companion, great, the man was also selling a pony.

So we have a month before I, sorry, father-in-law, has to drive back to collect them and nothing was remotely planned let alone started.
Here is where their shelter will be

 please note lack of roof, infestation of ivy and crumbling walls.  We have started to clear fifty years of rubble, and earth, a complete roof (broken) and father-in-law (again!) has done two trips to the recycling tip with two trailer fulls of rusty oil barrels! - Why were there oil barrels?


On a more positive note under the barrels we did discover an old drinking bowl and I suspect that there is a stone manger under that broken beam there.

Finally though they will have a lovely view from their bedroom door once they arrive



1 comment:

  1. It will be lovely Em. Lots of work, only fractionally more than the goats ,sheep, geeses and chickens you grew up with! Hope the shed is finished by the time I get there!! Though I shan't mind babysitting while you carry on...

    ReplyDelete