Saturday 7 July 2012

Lavender's blue dilly dilly

The lovely lavender is all of a bloom at the moment, and, anxious as I am to have little idyll smelling all purple, I am loath to cut it down.  The secondary reason being that in my vast jug collection I don't actually possess one that suits a large bouquet of lavender (problem that will be solved this summer, it is now my hunting objective in the brocantes) However, the more important consideration is, in fact, the insects, bees and creatures who are loving it.  And it looks lovely in the garden.  So when I finally reached for the scissors and headed for the herbatious border  (actually I am not sure if it is a herbatious border but I have always wanted to say that) and found this little fellow having the meal of his life, I swapped scissors for camera and happily snapped away while he continued his lunch.


 Lavender bags and bouquets will wait.

2 comments:

  1. It's a hummingbird hawk moth ! We have them at GC too and now you'll be able to be all knowledgeable when Unc P asks you about them.
    If he notices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely lavender ,I can smell it from here!

    ReplyDelete